The smartphone of a passenger onboard a Delhi-Indore flight caught fire on Friday resulting in panic for almost 120 passengers who eventually landed safely after the flame was extinguished by putting the device in water. The phone explodes in just 15 minutes after the Jet Airways Flight took off from Delhi Airport. The crew started using the mini fire extinguishers to stop the smoke, however, the fire extinguisher didn't work at all, so, without further ado, the cab crew kept the smartphone in the water till the end of their journey.
The device belongs to one of the passenger, Arpita Dhal which was kept in her handbag under the seat. "We prayed to god", Atul said.
"I will complain against Jet Airways after I return home. Jet Airways crew immediately took charge of the situation, as also all necessary steps as precautionary measure, and as per the prescribed guidelines".
Taylor Swift Is Apparently Throwing Shade at Calvin Harris in 'Gorgeous'
We think it's pretty clear that she's referring to ex Calvin Harris . They just work out, watch movies together and invite friends over.
In what can be debated as major in-flight passenger's safety lapse, the passengers reported that the on-board fire-extinguishers did not work that put the lives of around 120 passengers at risk. Representatives from Samsung were yet to respond to HT's requests for a comment. The reason behind the incident is still unknown. To recall, there were numerous reports previous year of the phablet spontaneously catching on fire which resulted in the phone's early demise.
One thing you need to know, however, is that the update to Android 7.1.1 Nougat has only been confirmed for those using the Galaxy J5 2016 in Poland. "At Samsung, customer safety is top priority".