Brooklyn Man In Police Custody After Wife Found Dead

Adjust Comment Print

The officers were called on a report that Wells was "scared" and her husband was "acting amusing", but may never have left their vehicle, according to the New York Post.

Later, at approximately 9:50 am, police discovered the body Tonie Wells at the bottom of the staircase leading to the basement of the home on Sterling Place, near Albany Avenue.

The NYPD's Internal Affairs Bureau has launched a probe into the suspended cops. NYPD officials said Wells suffered trauma to her body, specifically bruising on her neck.

Amid that murky and complicated relationship is the fact that many women who report violence feel invalidated by the police.

The 22-year-old deceased, was pregnant when she was found dead.

. It is not clear what day or time Tonie's sister called 911 or what, if anything, the officers observed when they drove to the home.

Neighbors reportedly called police on Wednesday after they heard cries from the couple's toddler and the sound of someone or something falling down the stairs, a police source told the New York Post.

ISIS Claims Blasts in Kabul which Killed Dozens
The centre is near to the Afghan Voice Agency, a media outlet which earlier reports had suggested could be the target. The attack has not yet been claimed by any insurgent group.

Wells' husband is in police custody and is being questioned.

Neighbors told the newspaper they were shocked by the violent tragedy. "It was definitely him, ' the woman said referring to Wells" husband.

"These cops completely sh*tcanned the job", a New York Post source said.

"An initial determination deemed this person's death to be suspicious and it is now being investigated", Deputy Chief Michael Kempfer said.

Police were also looking into reports that the first wellness check on Wells may not have been adequately conducted.

In that case, Barry Wells allegedly dragged Tonie Wells, 22, down the stairwell of a West 42nd Street building and into a closet before placing his hands around her neck, causing her to lose consciousness, according to the criminal complaint. "The entire incident, including any potential communication and response issues, are being reviewed by the department", a police spokesman said.