'House Of Cards' To Resume Production In 2018 Without Spacey

Adjust Comment Print

Production on the sixth season of House of Cards came to a halt October 31 following bombshell sexual misconduct allegations against Spacey, who starred in the series for five seasons as politician Frank Underwood and also served as an executive producer.

This sixth installment, which will be shorter than usual, with only eight chapters (compared to 13 last seasons), try to give "a closure to series for fans" and return to work to approximately 2,000 people involved in some way in series, as has been said in UBS Global Communications and media conference in NY.

Camera IconRobin Wright's Claire Underwood will take centre stage as Netflix attempts to salvage the show. Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos said the show will enter production next year, with Robin Wright in the lead.

House Of Cards is back on - without actor Kevin Spacey!

But the show was put on hold after actor Anthony Rapp claimed Spacey sexually assaulted him when he was 14. Robin Wright will continue to star, but as previously announced Spacey will not be part of the last season.

Robin Wright’s Claire Underwood will take centre stage as Netflix attempts to salvage the show
Abbreviated 'House Of Cards' Season 6 Sans Kevin Spacey Is A Go, Netflix's Ted Sarandos Says

"House of Cards" Season 5 trailer.

The fate of House of Cards, the political drama starring Spacey as scheming politician Frank Underwood, was initially unclear.

The shorter, eight episode season will be a marked contrast from the 13 episodes in all previous seasons.

Work on the sixth and last season is set to begin early in the year.

Spacey was "taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment" after allegations surfaced, according to a representative. After initially filming the movie with Spacey as J. Paul Getty, director Ridley Scott re-shot those scenes with actor Christopher Plummer in the role instead.

'General framework' in place with both Giants, Cardinals on Stanton deal
The Giants and Cardinals each showed trade interest in Stanton, dating back to before the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline. The right fielder has a full no-trade clause as part of the 13-year, $325 million contract he signed with Miami in 2014.

Comments