Kuala Lumpur: The Malaysian government has agreed to an offer by a USA exploration firm to resume the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on a "no cure, no fee" basis, Transportation Minister Liow Tiong Lai said on Saturday. Ocean Infinity was taking advantage of favorable weather to move the vessel toward "the vicinity of the possible search zone", the company said in a statement. The ship will comb parts of the Indian Ocean for remains of the lost Boeing 777 aircraft, which mysteriously went missing with 239 people aboard during a March 2014 flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
The Malaysian government said it will allow a United States exploration firm to resume the search, Reuters reported.
An email, sent from the MH Family Support Centre and seen by Reuters, said the Malaysian government had accepted an offer by the company, Ocean Infinity, to resume the search on a "no cure, no fee" basis, meaning the company will only get paid if they find the plane.
That's a tall order, and not only because previous searches - including the 1,046-day effort conducted by the Malaysian, Chinese and Australian governments immediately after the disappearance - have been fruitless.
Failed missile test hits North Korean town
However, the cold relationship between South Korea and the North showed signs of thawing in the beginning of 2018. Earlier in the month North Korea had threatened the U.S. with "nuclear justice" and "thermonuclear war".
He added that a contract would be signed next week in Kuala Lumpur.
Norwegian research vessel Seabed Constructor, leased by Ocean Infinity for the search, set off from South Africa this month for the southern Indian Ocean, where MH370 is believed to have disappeared.
Ocean Infinity was one of three companies which had bid to resume the hunt. A fresh analysis of the final moments of doomed Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, released by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016, suggests no one was controlling the plane when it plane plunged into the ocean.