Boko Haram frees 105 abducted school girls

Adjust Comment Print

The Chairman, Forum of Parents of Missing Girls, Bashir Manzo, on Wednesday, said that parents of the abducted students of the Government Girls Science Technical College, GGSTC, Dapchi, in Yobe State have received of their wards.

Her own daughter, Rifkatu, is still missing almost four years after she and over 200 of her classmates were kidnapped by Boko Haram militants from their school in Chibok about 275 km (170 miles) away.

Five of the girls had reportedly died. "One is still with them because she is a Christian", one of the freed girls, Khadija Grema, told Reuters.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday, the Minister said the number could still increase, as the documentation of the freed girls is ongoing.

"We did it out of pity".

She commended the Federal Government and other parties who contributed to the release of the girls, expressing the hope that the remaining girls including those from Chibok would also be released soon.

The extraordinary development brought elation to most of the families, but more heartache for the relatives of the nine girls still unaccounted for. "And don't ever put your daughters in school again", the residents said the extremists told them.

Daniel Bryan is Cleared to Wrestle Again
Bryan missed last week's episode of SmackDown Live , but has been announced to return on tonight's episode. Bryan made his way out to officially kick off the show to an wonderful pop from the crowd in Dallas.

Boko Haram translates as "western education is forbidden" in the local Hausa language.

But after many days of waiting, no fewer than 101 of the girls abducted last month from Dapchi in Yobe State were driven to the centre of the town and released by their captors.

The military rejected the allegation, calling it an "outright falsehood".

Militants of Boko Haram terrorist group have released 100 of 110 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped in February, according to the Associated Press.

"They gave her the option of converting in order to be released but she said she will never become a Muslim..."

Nigeria's information minister, Lai Mohammed, told Reuters 76 released girls had been registered so far, while "others went straight home to their parents, but they will come for documentation later".

Comments