In Afghanistan, nine people were killed and more than thirty six injured in multiple blasts in Jalalabad on Sunday.
Provincial governor's spokesman Ataullah Khogyani confirmed that the attack ended after five hours of gun battle between the security forces and the assailants.
A gun battle continued for several hours with around a dozen attackers who ran into the building with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Earlier, health department officials in the city said hospitals had received at least four dead bodies and 20 wounded people.
Security forces have cordoned off the area for precautionary measures.
British tourists released after fatal Congo kidnapping
Ms Katumwa is understood to be the first female ranger to be killed in the park, which has been riven by violence in recent years. Congolese authorities are working with the Foreign Office to repatriate the British tourists, according to a park statement.
The attack targeted the tax and revenue office of Nangarhar Province in the city center of Jalalabad on May 13.
The incident follows a string of explosions in the country, with the latest suicide twin blasts in the capital city of Kabul killing 25 people and injuring up to 45.
April saw a series of attacks across the country targeting voter registration centres as Afghanistan gears up for long-delayed legislative elections due in October.
The Taliban and ISIS have made clear their intentions to disrupt the elections.
Operation Al Khandaq will target United States forces and "their intelligence agents" as well as their "internal supporters", a Taliban statement said in late April. Most have been in the capital Kabul.