Witnesses say one bomber detonated his explosives at the mosque, while the other struck a few minutes later in a crowd of worshipers who had fled to a nearby market.
But a medical source at the Mubi General Hospital said they had received 37 bodies, while a rescue worker involved in the relief operation said he counted 42 dead and 68 injured.
The Commissioner said the police Anti-Bomb Squad have been deployed to the scene of the incident at Mubi to manage the situation.
The police have confirmed 24 worshippers were killed in a twin-explosion on Tuesday at a mosque in Mubi, Adamawa State, North-east Nigeria. A resident of Mubi, who simply identified as Buba also said the two explosions occurred in a mosque and a second hand clothes market.
Eyewitnesses had earlier reported that "many lives were lost and several persons injured".
Zidane Says Pursuit Of History Galvanises Real Madrid
The big guns were back in action on Monday though with the likes of Luka Modric, Marcelo and Sergio Ramos also returning. "I can adapt.
No group has claimed responsibility for Tuesday's carnage but many believe Boko Haram to be behind it.
Mubi is around 200 kilometres (124 miles) away from Maiduguri where last week's attack was the second in a month.
Mubi has suffered regular attacks by Boko Haram.
Insecurity has become a politically charged subject in the run-up to a national election next year that President Muhammadu Buhari - who took office in 2015 with a promise to end Boko Haram's push to create an Islamic state in the northeast - has said he wants to contest. That area is not far from the Sambisa Forest area where the extremists had a stronghold.
Boko Haram's insurgency in Nigeria has left at least 20,000 dead since 2009.